Friday, May 2, 2008

smart little monkey

Lydia is quickly becoming the most independant little girl.  She potty trained within a couple of days.  She'll use the bathroom anywhere.  She's figured out doorknobs, can get the fridge door open, dumps her potty herself, opens the van doors, washes the floor while pouring her own water from a 4 L jug.....

Anyway today was a PD day....again.  Jeff left for work at 7:15 and the kids were all watching tv.  No one had had breakfast.  At 7:40, Lydia climbs up on the bed insisting that I get up.  She's got what looks like yogurt on her face.  Usually when she's finished eating, she puts her dishes in the dishwasher, gets a facecloth and washes her face.  She wants to cuddle and give me kisses.    So I get up to wash her face first.  I ask the kids who got breakfast for her.  No one.  IM Jeff at work.  He didn't.  Lydia has at her little table, a plate (she can't reach the cupboard so it proabably came from the dishwasher) with a hamburger bun, coated with  strawberry cream cheese.  She left the cream cheese out but did put her dirty knife in the sink.  I know she'd start cooking if I'd let her.

Oh and a couple of weeks ago I asked Parker too put dishwasher detergent in the dishwasher.  He used dish soap.  After about 4 cycles, I finally got rid of the bubble.  Lydia knows which one to use though.  She fills the dispenser everytime she sees it empty.  She'll turn it on too.

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture those suds! She is one smart little monkey!

    ReplyDelete