Sunday, April 6, 2008

down the crapper

th_hpim3546.jpg

In more ways than one...

The other day on our way to playgroup, I saw this toilet on the sidewalk.  I had my camera with me and thought, Hmmm maybe this would make a good blog post about potty training in the city.  But Lydia has potty trained with ease and there really isn't much to say about it.  Thinking more about this toilet on the sidewalk though, leads me to the political state of our city and province.  Municipal elections are next month.  Once again the prospects are not thrilling and I think it will be more of a process of elimination.  If the mayor is re-elected, we may just pack up and move.

As for provincial politics....that toilet is where I would like to shove the Liberal's new plans for both education and health care.

Kelly Lamrock, minister of education, keeps refering to us as being elite and wealthy because our oldest is in french immersion.  Guess he hasn't checked my bank account.  I keep looking but there aren't any long lost funds popping up.

He's also called us emotional.  He'd better watch out.  Emotions fuel fire.  The more he speaks, the more he adds to the fire and he will get burned.  If not now, at election time.

1 comment:

  1. Where was that toilet, it looks like Crown St?

    Great metaphor, I think may of us are thinking this same way lately!

    ReplyDelete