Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pottying on the road

When my oldest was potty training, I was jealous of a friend, Lori R., who had a van.  She looked after 2-3 extras along with her own two.  She kept a potty in the back of her van so that no matter where they were, they had access to toilet facilities.

Now that we have a van and a potty using little girl, I keep the spare potty in the van.  Last weekend dh took Lydia and Parker to vaccum the van of all the winter build up.  As soon as they got there, Lydia had to poop.  No problem.  When they got home, they loaded the van with recycling to drop off,  As soon as they got there, Lydia had to pee.  No problem.  She used it at the park this week and twice today on our way home from my sisters.

I'm really loving the convenience but I need to figure out the best method for disposal.  Pee isn't an issue.  I can just dump it on the grass.  I'm thinking I could get the glad quick covers for bowls if they still make them and then dump when we get home.  At least it's the potty with the deep pot.

2 comments:

  1. What about keeping a roll of good plastic wrap in there to cover the potty opening until you get home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My van is like your van. It would never survive. I'd love the Fisher Price travel potty....but again not spending the money for the third child. I found the solution. Shower caps from the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete