Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pink Party

Has anyone had a Pink Party?  In trying to come up with a way to raise funds for Run For the Cure.  I decided I would have a desert party and invite friends to come and bring a donation.  As I took an invitation to my neighbor she told me about the kit her sister ordered from the Canadian Cancer Society.  Amazingly, I got my kit in two days, just in time for my party.   It includes Thingamaboobs, trivia on Breast and Cervical cancer as well as a self exam doorhanger.  The kit is free of charge and can be ordered from your local cancer society.  Here's the link for New Brunswick. http://www.cancer.ca/New%20Brunswick/Prevention/Have%20a%20Pink%20Party.aspx?sc_lang=en   And here's my Smilebox.










Click to play Pink Party
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

My mom was coming for the weekend and so I thought it was a perfect time to have the party.  She had breast cancer three years ago.  She lost her mother in 1973 to breast cancer after a three year battle.  Two of my grandmother's sisters have also had breast cancer and one is currently waiting for a mastectomy after having had radiation 12 years ago.  We had a great time and raised about $200 for Run For The Cure.  The Pink Party and Run For the Cure are two seperate objectives as there is no fund raising involved with having a pink party but I thought the two complimented each other.

Thanks Girls for a great evening.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Sarah!!! Looks like a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great evening, I appreciate all of the hard work you put into it!

    ReplyDelete