Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm stuffed, how about you?

We had a great meal with just our family this year.  It was much more relaxed with no company coming.  I had intended to turn the oven on before we left for church, the turkey was ready and just needed to be turned on.  Oops.  As we got there I realized I hadn't turned the oven on.  Left Jeff and the kids for Sunday School and booted 'er back across the city.  Good thing, I also forgot to turn the crockpot to low.  We would have had cold turkey and crispy dressing.

I had to take some pictures.  Lydia was so funny.  Oh, I "wub" 'weet potatoes, I "wub" mashed potatoes, I "wub" corn, I "wub" butter.  In the past we haven't been able to keep cranberry sauce on the table as she would eat the entire bowl.  This time she wasn't so keen on it.  Speaking of cranberry sauce, I've never had to make it as my mother always gives me a jar for Thanksgiving/Christmas.  I never knew how easy it was.  Was she trying to pull one over on me?  It's 1 bag of cranberries, 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water.  Boil til the berries pop.  If you want to get fancy, use orange juice instead of water.  Who knew it was so easy. 

I found a great squash casserole.  I don't eat the stuff but Jeff loves it and his sister grew them this year.   http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/baked-squash-casserole-111387.aspx

I think I'll start assigning dishes to the kids to help with.  Hannah can do the cranberries, Lydia  tears the bread for the stuffing- she did yesterday.  Parker can help peel potatoes.










Click to play Thanksgiving 08
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

The cake was a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment