Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The most dreaded question of summer.

What's for snack????

I hate it, can't stand it.  We have a set snacktime of 10 and 3.  Yet they start asking an hour beforehand.  During the school year, I portion food like crackers, strawberries and grapes.  It makes packing lunches much faster in the morning and keeps a bit more control on making food last.  The most perishable fruit like strawberries, bananas gets eaten first, then apples or when we run out of fruit, there's always apple sauce.

I decided I would keep portioning for the summer as well as there are 4 weeks that I need to pack lunches for day camps.  It also means they aren't fighting over who got more because they served themselves.

Here's a picture of the dishes I use.  Grapes are all washed and ready and I made a snack mix of Ritz Bits and Goldfish.



I also picked up lots of cups for summer.  Then if they get left in the van it's no big deal and I alos have lots for company.  I got these Rubbermaid knockoffs at the Superstore for $.24 each. 



This is my favourite type of cup though...as long as your not putting milk in it.  The valve is built in so there are no parts to lose.



They're also cheap.  Under $3 at Walmart.

Anyone have any good ideas for summer snacks?

2 comments:

  1. Summer snacks? Blueberries pack really well! Just like grapes.
    No cheese - goes stinky fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete