Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crafting with Cara and Sarah- Countdown to Christmas

Ok, not so much this week.  Cara came and babysat so I could go to a City Ward- Let's Talk Meeting.  Pretty sad that it's the first time in probably a year that we've had a babysitter and we go to a city meeting.    It's amazing how much more interest I have in politics after battling the government over EFI.  Anyway we have a new city council and there are far too many issues that smell bad in this city.  There's the 2 year sick leave policy for city employees that the city is proposing, a decaying water system- we still have wooden pipes in some areas, issues with garbage collection, pension board lawsuit, coziness between the city and developers.  Anyway, thanks to Cara, I was able to go and got to have my voice heard.  It also helped that there were no seats left and I ended up sitting on a bench with the mayor and the city employee who was taking notes.  I got to comment directly to them about my concerns.  Oh and I showed everyone the water that I collected in August  http://blog.canadianparents.com/sarahnb/2008/08/25/smartest-city-vs-dumbest-city/

No comments:

Post a Comment