Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kid Swap

How many of you have friends you can do a kid swap with?

I have to tell you I love the flexibilty of my friends and the fact that we can swap kids and help each other out.  I just wish a certain redheaded one would ask more often.

Cara took Lydia today so I could take Parker to an appointment and then we took Liam so she could duke it out at the school district office.

Parker had his occupational therapy assessment today.  We've been waiting since October 10th.  He has Dysgraphia and at times I tend to brush it off and wonder if it's laziness.  After watching him through the assessment, i know he's really struggling with his writing skills.  The key is to find a balance to help him by using technology but not so much that he doesn't have to do the work.  We're looking at using Word Q and Speak Q.  I also need to get him typing.  After an hour and a half for his assessment, I'll get a summary at the end of the week and reccomendations.  Then in Sept, we'll go over his SEP with his teacher and other involved staff.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah! I really appreciated it, and Miss Lydia is welcomed anytime! We'll definitely have to do more swapping in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I do need to see the dentist. And I am sure I'll get a lecture from my doctor tomorrow. Got to book one of "those" appts.

    ReplyDelete