Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mmmmmmmm

So far we've had a great weekend.  Tomorrow is Jeff's birthday.  The kids and I managed to surprise him with Mario Kart  for the Wii and noone spilled the beans.  I almost managed to surprise him with a super special desert.....but I left the recipe out.  I made Peanut Butter Pie 

Now as a rule, I only like peanut butter in sandwiches, on hot dogs and on apples.  (The hot dog thing started as a dare at Camp Seggie but I really do like it as long as it's smooth. Oh and crunchy on the apple slices.)  Back to the pie.  It was delicious, Jeff was impressed and I liked it as well.  Enough that I've been resisting the urge to go get another piece out of the freezer.

This afternoon Hannah was performing in East Point Has Talent 

 

She may not be the most talented kid in the contest but she wrote her song herself when she was 9 and she sings it acapella.  Here she is singing it at school.  That was a few months ago and she's a lot more confident now.  that's what this whole experience was about, gaining confidence and having fun doing what she loves to do..

After the performance, Grammy took Hannah and I shopping for some clothes.  Thanks Grammy.  We found some awesome deals at Roots and Cotton Ginny.  Cotton Ginny has an extra 50-70% off.  I may have to go back.  Then we came home and had a nice dinner, Parmesan Chicken Twists with veggies and pasta salad, with Grammy and birthday desert. Mmmm.

What's in store for the rest of the weekend?  Most likely the beach.  It's supposed to be sunny and 22, although I heard 28C earlier.  There's also a kids fair tomorrow so maybe we'll do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment