Friday, August 15, 2008

Ready, Set, Go

Yesterday I made a quick stop at Walmart.  I didn't have the money to buy school supplies but I thought I'd put it on layaway.  Mil usually takes the kids shopping and while we haven't firmed up our plans, I thought this would speed up the process.  In just under 40 minutes, I had most of Parker's school supplies, found him sneakers (last pair), socks for Hannah and a jacket for Hannah(last one).  Not too bad.

I found these pencils for Parker.  They are triangular and have a nice rubbery finish on them to help him with his grip.  They're great for primary students too. They were $3.97 for 6 at Walmart but I later found them for $.98 at Giant tiger.

I also scored nice big roomy lunchbags.  I like a big one so they can take pretty much anything in it.  I need to pick up new sandwich containers at Dollarama    By using them, I've reduced the sandwich bags to about 1 box every six months instead of every couple of  grocery orders.

In my finds lately I also picked up a paper organizer.  Our house gets very cluttered and bogged down in paper.  Often we're scrambling to find the homework that got moved but not put in the bag or the lost permission slip.  We're short on space too so I've started utilizing the back of our front door.  Last year it was a place to dry mittens with magnetic clips.  Here's my school zone.

 

The mesh basket will be for Hannah, Parker and mail.  Like my calendar?  There wasn't enough room on the fridge for it.  The bulldog clips hold hats and mitts.  I'm going to pick up cheap character pencil cases for the kids for their lunch money, permission slips and book orders.  They can also go on the door.  I need a magnetic cup for pens and then I think I am all set.

Anyway, I'm just about ready to send the kids back to school.  Good thing I did that shopping before I sprained my ankle.

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to utilize the empty space on your door, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks. The fridge is such a hot spot and gets cluttered easily. I wanted a place just for school papers. Tha back door is Lydia's art gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas...I may borrow some ;) We're just getting our entrance from the garage ready to use as our main family entrance instead of the front door and it has a nice wide steel door.
    Thanks too for the Crocs for Tots link on the left. I've passed it on to a teacher at the kids' school and I think we'll be collecting them as a school.

    ReplyDelete