Saturday, August 23, 2008

Magic Beach Trick

I forgot to post about this amazing tip.  A few years ago I had heard that you can use baby powder to rid your fet of sand when leaving the beach.  I would always forget to try it and be reminded on the drive home with sand between my toes.  Ick.  I was tidying cupboards in the bathroom and found a travel size bottle of baby powder.  Yesterday I took it with us and Lydia was a mess when it was time to go.  Salt water just helps the sand stick to your skin.  I always take a dress for Lydia to cahnge inot so I can change her right on the beach or at the van and she still has privacy.  I slipped her dress over her head, sprinkled some powder in my hand and rubbed it over her sticky sandy body.  Wipe down with a towel and TaDa, you'd never know she was at the beach....except for her hair.  By the time we went out for supper and to Walmart, her hair had dried and she had rings of salt around her ponytails.

     = a clean kid

FYI, public health does not recomend the use of baby powder.  Be very careful not to use it in the wind or let young children inhale it.

No comments:

Post a Comment