Thursday, August 21, 2008

XO

No I'm not giving you a hug and kiss.  When we found out that Parker would need a computer to help him with his school work, we ordered an XO laptop from One Laptop Per Child.  It's not a perfect computer and can be frustrating.  Probably not a good option if you don't have a programmer in the house.  There have been a lot of glitches in it and ours went on the fritz in June.  We finally got it fixed by Jeff's co-worker. (I need to pay him with a batch of cookies)

So today we were doing some errand running and I had it in the van.  I planned on another playground stop to compensate the kids.  I was fiddling with the laptop while they played since the screen is designed to work in bright sunlight.  I took some pics with it.  There is a camera built in on the right hand side. 





And then we had to leave early because someone was in a bad mood.



Right now Parker is playing a memory math game on it.  We also have Scratch , an animation program on it as well as music synthesizers, a video camera, recorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment