Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer or Fall?



It's a decieving sunny day out there.  It's very crisp and fall like in the temperature.  I had a couple of errands I wanted to do today ad what's the best way to do them with three kids in tow?  Promise them something fun.  So we went to the Dreamland Playground at Fairvale Elementary School in Quispamsis.  It's about 15 minutes from here.



Lydia needs a mei tai for her babies.  The sling gets in the way when you're trying to have fun.





I tried using the stitch assist feature on my camera but I'm not sure how it works when it's uploaded to the computer.  It's a big playground.



Baby Kate wasn't the least bit scared going in the tunnels.



Wobbly bridges made of rubber.





Caught Ya.





My purple foot.  Now that I am using it more, it keeps bruising in new spots.  Bandage covers most of it.



"Together, together, together everyone
Together, together, come on lets have some fun
Together, were there for each other every time
Together together come on lets do this right"




Yes they finally started playing together after the summer camp kids left.  They were making up a song about the tire swing to the tune of the BNL song Allergies.



Time to go.

This morning I read mmummy's blog.  It was about being happy with what she has.  So today as I drove through Rothesay and Quispamsis, the affluent areas around Saint John, I reminded myself that we have what we need.  That we don't need a huge house to be happy.  With that comes more expenses and working more.  We'd also need two cars and constantly feel like we had to keep up.  We've lost a good friend because of those strong pulls to have material possessions.  We just weren't in the right circle.  Aside from the crappy weather and being in a construction zone yet again, I love where we live. It's close to almost everything we need.  Our house suits our needs and dh takes the bus so that I can have the van.  We've managed to squeak by the summer without my income and although we didn't take a vacation, the kids were busy and happy.  It's a good place to be.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - Sarah, when I saw I had a *ping back* I thought what kind of spam is this??

    I didn't even know you could do that.....

    That park is wayyy to cool, looks like your kids enjoy'd themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pingback? Cool. I just copied the link for your blog and inserted it.
    It's sad that we are watching gas concumption so much that this is the first time we've been there this year. It's a good playground in the fall though. If it's hot and sunny, the beach it is. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete