Friday, August 22, 2008

Steal of a Deal

Ok so I know I said I don't do back to school shopping but Hannah needed some new jeans.  I heard there was a great sale at Old navy.  Apparently lots of other people did too because I didn't find much in the clearance section.  If it's not under $10, it's not a deal.  We did get her a black dress and black tshirt.  She needs black clothes for drama.  And a white tank and a pink shirt, all for $16.  The dress was the most expensive at $6.97.  Then we went to the Clothesline.  It's a new used clothing store, nicer than Frenchies.  For $26 we got

  • a coat sweater for Lydia (jillian's Closet, they make nice sweaters)

  • a denim skirt for Lydia from Children's place.  There were a ton of patterned skirts there for her but I'm tired of trying to match things.

  • a top for Hannah

  • a nice Cherokee cardigan

  • 3 pairs of jeans for Hannah, two have adjustable waist

  • a care Bears shirt for Hannah.  


The jeans were the priciest at $3.75 a pair.

Hannah is paying for half the items at Old Navy.  We have a deal where if she is asking for clothing that she doesn't need, she pays half.  Sure she could use them but it was pants we were on a hunt for.  This prevents her from asking for too much.

Poor Parker didn't get anything.  I think he still has clothes that we got him 2 years ago and they were too big.  I'll have to go hunting for them.

3 comments:

  1. If you need a winter coat for her, Ben's Clothing and Shoes on Prince Edward St. has Columbia jackets marked way down...they had overstock. I was in this morning and the boy's were all gone except size 18/20 ($40), but there were more girl's jackets there...not sure what sizes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I think we have a 3 in 1 Columbia tucked away.

    ReplyDelete